Do you have thousands of records containing valuable information that could be used more efficiently with PBS CBW? This is probably the case, especially if your data volume is continuing to grow and your SAP BW system is exceeding its limits.
CBW NLS, the PBS nearline storage solution, enables the best possible reduction of the BW database, while maintaining fast and effective query access to the data in nearline storage.
CBW NLS takes advantage of column-oriented database technology to achieve extremely fast and transparent query access to InfoCubes, DSO and even PSA tables. Data in nearline storage is ideally compressed. Recently, the CBW functionality has been enhanced to update data in nearline storage.
Over one hundred global customers benefit from the advantages of the SAP-certified PBS CBW NLS solution.
Faster data access in PBS CBW NLS, combined with the significant relief it provides for the primary database, makes this solution essential when preparing for a migration to SAP BW on HANA.
The sophisticated and highly functional features of PBS CBW NLS offer an ideal fit for SAP NLS interfaces. It also provides a unique software solution that enables fast NLS data access for queries with navigation attributes or hierarchies.
Benefits of CBW NLS
- Extremely fast and transparent query access to NLS data for all BW InfoProviders
- Very high data compression (typically > 80 %) through column-based database technology
- Enhancements for the NLS interface providing additional data retrieval benefits
- Unique monitoring and administration features
- Covers SAP BW with classical databases as well as SAP BW on HANA
PBS CBW: Nearline for SAP BW (on HANA)